Monday, March 14, 2011

What a weekend

Man, did we have a great weekend!! Friday night Vava, my aunt Eva, came and spent the night with us. Easton had so much fun with her. She plays non stop and is constantly talking to him. Saturday morning she got the idea to see if Easton was like that baby that cracked up when someone tore a piece of paper. Well guess what. He is. He could not stop laughing. I think this is the most I have ever heard him laugh. Keith and I have tried it since she left and it just isn't the same. I think Easton likes Vava better than us. Oh well, what can I do??

Saturday evening we met Matthew and Meagan at Casa Rita's. It was really good to see them. I don't think that we have seen them since Christmas. I think that they really enjoyed holding and playing with Easton. I have to admit that he is a pretty cool kiddo. He thinks that everything is funny.

Sunday was a very eventful day with the time change. Easton decided that he wanted to wake up before 7. I wasn't ok with this. I was pretty productive after that though. I had a new recipe for chocolate cupcakes that I wanted to try. So I baked chocolate cupcakes from scratch. We went to church after the cupcakes came out of the oven. Easton slept the whole time at church. He never does this. He was making up for that hour he lost. We came home after church and I made 2 different types of cream cheese icing. One was a mint kind and the other was a toffee kind. Let's just say that I will definitely be baking these again.

Sunday afternoon we went to Arlington and saw Keith's grandmother, Gigi, and his uncle Mike, Kringle. They got to see Easton eat his oatmeal and bananas. They were impressed at how well he ate. We really need to try to visit them more since we live closer than we used to.

Sunday night we went over to eat dinner with David, Blair and Hayden Smith. We try to do dinner with them at least once a month. Easton loves Hayden and vice versa. Hayden wanted to hold Easton all night. I think that they will be best buds like their mommies.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, Riley likes Eva more than us and she's not even related to her! Ha!

    ReplyDelete